Monday, January 16, 2012

Prayers For A Healing

   Sorry for the delay. I've been consumed with worry and anxiety. I
know there is nothing to fear but fear it's self. Even so I get lost in my
emotions. Will I ever get off dialysis? It seems like one road block
after another.
 
   Over the holidays my son wanted to give me a kidney and this led to
more tears.It goes much deeper then that. I'll address this more in my
next book.
 
    It brought to light another complication, I developed antigens from a
previous blood transfusion.This means that I will more then likely reject
a kidney transplant.The list of potential donors is decreased drastically.
 
    I was told I have to have a live donor and they don't have to be blood
related. My siblings have been ruled out as possible donors. This to will
be explained in the sequel.
 
    If I receive a donor they will have there own team of doctors. All
expenses would be paid by the recipient which in this case would be
myself. The donor would then have their kidney removed laproscopically
and is hospitalized for a day. Amazingly their other kidney enlarges and
they loose no kidney function.
 
   Being a nurse I was unaware of these facts. If there was more education
on organ donation I believe there would be more hope and lives saved!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, may the Lord increase your peace and take away your fears. I know, that's easy for me to say. I will hold you up in my prayers. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I continue to keep God in my life I think things will work themselves out for the better. Thanks for the comment. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank your for stopping by my blog. Wow, I will keep you in prayer! I pray God would keep your spirits up and help with healing. I did not know that about the body compensating when a kidney is removed.

    ReplyDelete