Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Caring Bridge

   My sister, Pat, who was working as a hospice social worker came
to stay with me when I was ill. She would stay during the night while
my husband Jim would stay during the day. My sister set up a site on
Caring Bridge and a family member would post daily about my
condition on the site. It was a good way to keep everyone informed
on how I was doing. People would write back to me almost daily.
Within four months I received over eight thousand messages that
were read to me everyday. I have kept every message that I ever
received from the Caring Bridge.

   I would like to thank the Caring Bridge for all that it did for me. With
the prayers and messages of support from the outside world it helped
me find peace. I didn't feel alienated or alone anymore. There was a
world outside of that hospital room that I found security in. Now I am
hoping when I receive my kidney transplant I will find the same amount
of support.

My Caring Bridge page can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment